Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Week-End Finds

I didn't get too much thrifting in over the Christmas break.  We were out and about all day with my parents, sisters, and the kids.  I did manage to sneak out a couple of times and I am so happy that I did.  

I found this lamp for $4.00 at Goodwill. I love it! 
It needs some work as it is being held together with a twisty tie.  I was able to remove the bottom of the lamp and a screw is loose inside.  Simple fix. 

This next find was also at Goodwill.  It was marked for $4.00.  When I got to the register, I noticed a crack in one of the sections.  I asked the cashier, and despite their rules of not changing prices, he gave it to me for $1.00.  Yes, $1.00.  It is awesome and it's a pretty big mirror.  It also needs some work considering that a really bad silver spray paint job was done to it.  I plan to sand it down a bit.  I am thinking either silver leaf or some kind of spray paint.  I have a blank wall in my dining room that I think it will be perfect for. 


This last find was my favorite type...free. I found it on the side of the road.  It had a partner that was missing one of the legs.  I'm not sure what I am going to do with it and with my husband who thinks I've lost it.  But really, he can't complain, at least I'm not out buying expensive shoes.  I spent $5.00 this week, what's not to love?
Have you had any good finds?

2 comments:

Amy @ Journey Mum 1/06/2011  

I think the chair is a great find! Tons of uses, you could put a plant on it, a pile of towels or books... It is actually quite modern looking.

Margaret 1/07/2011  

SO my dear- WHERE is this goodwill that you are finding all of these AMAZING finds? I must know!

Margaret

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...